Linnansaari National Park is one of the two national parks in the Savonlinna region. You can visit the park all year round either by yourself or with a guide.
How to get to Linnansaari National Park?
Linnansaari National Park is located between Porosalmi in Rantasalmi and Oravi in Savonlinna, an hour’s drive from Savonlinna. The national park is located in Lake Haukivesi, a part of Lake Saimaa.
By your own car
The easiest way to get to Linnansaari National Park is to drive to SaimaaHoliday Oravi or to Nature Hotel & Spa Resort Järvisydän and continue to the national park by boat or in winter by ice.
- There is a boat to Linnansaari island daily from Järvisydän and Oravi
- Boat taxi can be ordered daily 1.5.-31.10.
- In winter, there is a winter route in the national park, where you can walk, ski, ride a bike or if the weather permits, tour skate
By public transportation
You can arrive in Savonlinna by plane, train or bus and continue to the National Park for example via Oravi or Järvisydän. You can also start your boating or canoeing/kayaking trip to the national park from Savonlinna, because the southernmost parts of the national park are located approx. 20 km from Savonlinna. Please note that in big, open waters the weather can change quickly.
- There is a safari bus and transportation service from Savonlinna to Oravi by order all year round
- In summer, there are cruises to Järvisydän from Savonlinna
- Outside of summer, there is a daily bus connection to Oravi on weekdays, check the schedules